The Covered Bridges Suite

covered bridges room

Room Amenities

  • Three Queen Beds
  • Two Full Rooms
  • Kitchen
  • Bathroom With Shower / Tub
  • Cable TV
  • WiFi Internet
  • Heat / Air Conditioner
  • Alarm Clock / Radio
  • Coffee Maker
  • Hair Dryer
  • Iron & Ironing Boards Available

The Covered Bridges - History

Before there were bridges over Silver Creek there were three different areas where the creek could be forded. The main one used by the farmers coming into town from the Waldo Hills area south of Silverton was in the area of Mac’s Place where Oak St., coming from the northeast, tee’s into N. Water St. Building the bridge was a vital entrance into the town for farmers needing to bring their crops into the flour mills and, later, to the train depot. Covered bridges were built in order to help the structure last as long as possible. Silverton’s bridges were built of Douglas fir and deteriorated rapidly against the onslaught of wintry weather.

The covered bridge on Main St. was built ca 1850’s or early 1860’s . Homer Davenport, (1867-1912), in his book “The Country Boy”, tells about being five


To reserve a room or check for room availability follow the link below.


Reservations can also be made over the phone by calling.

phone number

Room Packages

Select the link below to view our current packages.

special deals

The Silverton Inn & Suites
301 N Water St
Silverton Oregon 97381


hotel inn lodging