The Depot Room

depot room

Room Amenities

  • One Queen
  • Pet Friendly
  • Bathroom with Jetted/Tub Shower
  • Cable With Flat Screen TV
  • WiFi Internet
  • Heat / Air Conditioner
  • Alarm Clock / Radio
  • Coffee Maker
  • Hair Dryer
  • Iron & Ironing Boards Available

The Depot - History

In 1877 the Oregonian Railway Co. was established, initially by a group of area farmers who consolidated several smaller railroad companies and who were later bought out by a larger firm. Between 1878 and 1882 the Oregonian Railway built 183 miles of narrow gauge track through St. Paul, Woodburn, Mt. Angel and Silverton and on to Brownsville and Coburg. The line was mainly used to transport logs and lumber. The first spike was driven at Silverton. In 1886, Southern Pacific and Oregonian Railway merged and the track was converted to standard gauge.

The first depot was a small shed erected about 1880 – the existing depot was built in 1906 just south of the Square Deal building. Using lumber from Silverton Lumber Co., it was built in stages. In the front was the waiting room and behind was the telegraph and ticket office with steps going up to the warehouse – built higher to accommodate wagons and later on trucks for loading and unloading. Reportedly,


Booking

To reserve a room or check for room availability follow the link below.

booking

Reservations can also be made over the phone by calling.

phone number

Room Packages

Select the link below to view our current packages.

special deals

The Silverton Inn & Suites
301 N Water St
Silverton Oregon 97381

Phone:
503.873.1000
Email:
info@silvertoninnandsuites.com


lodging inn hotel